Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sin Loves Company

Violet gets into the car. She is very grouchy. I warn her that there are consequences for being disrespectful. She continues to be rude. I start to give the "you're making some bad choices" speech when she blurts out with: "I wish I hadn't sinned" (was this a healthy sense of guilt or a cry for absolution or frustration in not being able to play a Curious George computer game?) I then chime in with, "I wish you hadn't either" (I might have chuckled. Bad Mommy.) ...Silence...followed by more silence...Then I hear a rather loud Violet voice blurt out "YOU'VE SINNED TOO" (hmmm...was she pointing out the painfully obvious or was she embarrassed and in need of company on her walk of shame?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of these stories of the kids. Kids really do say the darnest things!

Anonymous said...

Seems like an adult subject; a small child shouldnt be talking about sin so seriously.

Swimming In Laundry said...

Anonymous-
Thanks for your concern. I feel like Violet's ability to tell right from wrong is a huge plus. I think too many people are afraid to talk about sin and judgment. There is a right and a wrong. I am so thankful that she has a conscience.